Saturday, December 5, 2009

Why is a chemical nuclear stress test so painful?

Is there any way to make it less painful? I'm undergoing one this week for the second time and I'm full of dread.



Why is a chemical nuclear stress test so painful?opera house



The test is very painful but it helps me when the nurse talks to me. She tells me" we are all most half way there, it is all most over." Then she tells me "just a few more minutes, and you will feel everything easing off." I don't know why but that helps me so much. The last time I had it done she said pain was a good sign it meant it was opening up all of those veins. It really don't last that long and it is well worth it.



Why is a chemical nuclear stress test so painful?dream theater opera theaterI am so glad I could help. Report It


I feel your pain on this one. I had a 5 artery by pass in 2000 and so I have had to go through that procedure a few times. The test is designed to see how much stress your heart can take without problems. That's why there is a Dr. in the room during the painful part of the procedure. I usually have to take a nitroglycerin tablet under my tongue during that part. But it is the best way to see what's going on without going up through your groin with the dye and then having to lay flat in a bed for so many hours after the procedure without moving your leg. Just think of it as a preventive measure to make sure you are o.k. I hope that your test is not too painful, and that you get good results back.
I had a thalium stress test, don't remember too much pain. If it is the same thing, just the IV stick, otherwise you must be having a different test. I always try to mentally put myself somewhere that is one of my favorite places, like a beach and concentrate on that. It seems to help...good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan