Saturday, December 5, 2009

My stress level is high due to my husband's passing. My belly is huge.?

Because I am depressed, I drink alcohol. I don't overeat. I'm trying to find something to help me get back to the person I used to be. I really hate the way I have become over the last year and a half (since my husband died)...but I have no desire to do ANYTHING. I know I should stop drinking - but it seems to be the only thing that helps. I just want to lose the 35 pounds I've put on - especially my belly. Any suggestions?



My stress level is high due to my husband's passing. My belly is huge.?concert venue



Call up a friend, even if its a friend that you had when your husband was alive. Even if you haven't talked to them in a year. Even if you had a fight the last time you talked. Believe me, when you realize that you aren't alone, this will help you a lot.



It is normal what you are going through, but is it ok for you to change now? Only you can answer that. If you are ready for a change, pick one thing and work on that. You could pick just talking to a friend on the phone each and every day. You have to stick to it, because it sounds like you have isolated yourself with your grief and your alcohol. Reaching out and getting it started is the hardest part.



Your belly is big because you take in way too much alcohol, which translates to too much sugar. Most probably you are not eating enough food. Instead of taking a drink, you could eat something, like an apple. Try it for awhile. See what happens. You have taken a year to get into this condition, so it will take time to get yourself out.



If you are in America, you can call Alcoholics Anonymous, listed in any phonebook, and there you will find someone to talk to. Talking is very important right now. Talk, talk, talk or you run the risk of staying exactly the same way you are for many years to come. If you don't talk to someone, you will be miserable, just like you are right now.



Good luck!



My stress level is high due to my husband's passing. My belly is huge.?events opera theater



You can't think of it in terms of "be the person you used to be" because you aren't that person anymore, grief changes people. You need to take it slow, start by going out for a walk a few times a week, you drink because you are sad, go out walking, then possibly in the future you can run. Maybe you should seek counselling...losing weight wont make you happy again nor will it make you be the person you were, you will just look like that person again. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan