Thursday, December 10, 2009

What do I do with my newborn in his stroller when using a public bathroom?

New parent here: sorry if this question sounds stupid.



What do I do with my baby when I need to use the bathroom and he's with me in his stroller? It's the type that the infant car seat fits into and while it's not huge, it won't fit in the stall with me while I go. What do I do? Leave the baby in the bathroom while I pee? What do moms do? I'm leaving the house with him alone for the first time tomorrow and I'm stressing about this!



What do I do with my newborn in his stroller when using a public bathroom?concert tickets



I agree w/ the above answers about using the handicap bathroom. I also go to the bathroom right before I leave the house, then I normally wait until I go home or someone's house to go again (of course, that depends on how long you're planning to be out)



What do I do with my newborn in his stroller when using a public bathroom?theater seating opera theater



Handicapped bathroom you can wheel the whole stroller into.
Handicapped stall.
Use the handicapped stall, they have to be large enough to accomodate a wheelchair. That is what I did. Or try to find a "family" restroom, they are usually large single or double stool bathrooms, designed for just that reason!
You take him into the bathroom with the stroller, and then use the stall thats meant for handicap people, this way theres room for you and the stroller holding the baby.
Ahh, I have a 4 month old son, and honestly I would NEVER leave him outside of the stall while I was inside using the restroom, even though there is only a small door in between the two of you. I either go to a "family" restroom or hold it, your not pregnant anymore and it shouldn't be that hard.
Go into the handicap stall take the baby and stroller with you. Also some malls have nursing or family bathrooms so you can also use these.
I used the handicapped stall as well...also stores that have wheelchair accessible change rooms are great too because you can just wheel the stroller right in!!!!
Use the handicapped stall or family restroom if available. The handicapped stall has accommodated me, 2 boys and my baby in a stroller.
With my 2 older kids I have them stand where I can see their feet and with the baby (she is 15 months old) I leave her in the stroller and leave the door open with my feet on it and go to the stall that is the furthest from the door and pull the stroller in as far as it goes and hook my feet on it. So what if people look at you like you are crazy, what are you supposed to do leave them unattended and end up on the 6 o'clock news I don't think so.
I would never take my newborn out, and put my self in that situation. Their are way to many crazy people out there. It only takes a minute for someone to take your child. Personally I think you are putting your baby at risk. If you can't take the stroller in the stall with you then HOLD IT.
Most of the Moms I know also use a sling and put baby in that.
Just use the handicap stall. Its still considered "proper" for a mother with a stroller to use it. Hopefully no one will give you judgmental looks. Otherwise, if there's a little sitting area within the restroom, park the stroller there and bring the carrier into the regular stall with you. It'll be a tight squeeze, but once you get around the door, the carrier can sit on the floor in front of you while you.... go. IF you do that though, be sure to wipe the bottom of the carrier off with some sanitizing wipes. Also, pick the carrier up BEFORE you flush the toilet.
When my kids were little, I had the same problem, I just used the handicap stalls, most are big enough to accommodate a stroller.
It's not a stupid question at all. I usually try to use the handicap stall, it will fit a big stroller. If for some reason there isn't one where you're going, you can take the car seat off the stroller (leave the stroller outside the stall) and bring that in with you into one of the regular stalls, it will be tight but should fit in front of you. Have fun.
Go to the handicapped restroom and take him in with you.
I always use the handicapped stall. I dont want to leave my baby, or my stroller out there. Most places have a 'family' bathroom that is an individual and that works great. Have fun on your outing!
if there is a family bathroom go in there the bathroom stalls are usually bigger. you can also just remove the car seat from the stroller though i dont think u want to put it on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan