Saturday, December 5, 2009

College stress problem?

i have made really big mistakes in my education but none bigger than this. I basically had all the courses i needed this semester to transfer to a university but i dropped them because of depression and i thought i would fail them, a few days later i got my courses back and now i find out that my english class is harder than i thought and my math class is a fasttrac class which means it will be high paced, if i drop again it will dissapoint my parents and my mood over the past week has been tons of depression and i have been considering getting a job without college... i m not that far off from transferring, i just need math, english, biology, and music... i guess the only problem is how much time it is going to take because i have already waisted 3 years at community college, anyways i need suggestions to help me cope with this, thank you very much!



College stress problem?opera mini



don't wprry, once you get into it you'll get used to it. Stress is normal, but don't let it get the best of you. Do the best you can, and that should be good enough. =)



College stress problem?passions soap opera opera theater



I know how you feel...but keep up the work! It took me 7 years to get my BA. Now, I am in a Master's program. I really don't want to go back, but I know it will be worth it. I also have battled depression. Try your hardest to rise above it. Don't worry about dissapointing you parents, unless they are the one's paying for your college. If they are, speak to them honestly about your hopes and fears. You may be pleasantly surprised and supported by them. Good luck with all your endeavors!
Everything looks easier and different without depression. Sort that bit first, either through talking with family/ friends/ counsellors. The you can seriously think about what you want in life.
the classes my seem harder than the norm but thats okay. It's something you arent familiar with of course its hard. Don't let stress ruin your college experiance. Take major time to go to your schools tutoring sessions and get help..even if you think you need it or not. That is what they are there for...amazingly people who go to tutoring (needed or not) have a higher GPA than those who just go through the class and "think" they are on the right track.



Good Luck!
I felt like I was reading a page out of my journal. I know exactly how you feel since I have lived it and am still struggling with it today. The best option is to be honest with your parents. Tell them your going through a hard time and it has been affecting your education.



I did the same thing and would drop classes every semester and even dropped all of my classes two semesters in a row without my parents knowing. What has helped me this last year was that I made a great new friend who also had my major. We decided to take all our classes together and it has help me be accountable as well as be more motivated to attend class. I'm still behind and probably won't graduate for another year, but it doesn't matter how long it takes you as long as you finish and I'm sure your parents will feel the same way.



Good luck and take care!



- Isabel
No amount of time you put toward your education is a waste. You're doing great. Don't worry about anybody else but yourself. So what your parent's get upset you dropped a class? You'll be happier if you do it. Don't push yourself, because that may make all of the grades in your other classes suffer. Don't get discouraged now, you're almost done! Just pace yourself. I think you're being to hard on yourself.
I can tell you what I did, I wasted 3 years at a community college too! Taking lots of prereqs, classes I thought I could use but couldn't and whatnot. I eventually got my AA (in something I thought would be easy history), History at the university level is a kick in the butt!!! It's hard and they didn't prepare me. But about 2 years in to Community college, I dropped to part time (2 classes sometimes 1 at a time) and worked full time. It gave me more appreciation of school and now I'm stuck working FT (I have to pay bills and tuition) and can only go part time.



See about some meds for depression and F* your parents...its your life isn't it? My parents were disappointed too but now they arn't bcause I'm back where I should be!!! Do what YOU want and what YOU feel would help you the most...better to take 10 years to finish and do good then finish in 4 years and have a 1.5 gpa right? Good luck if you wanna talk more you can email me at Orntelove@aol.com or My space . com/ Frighteninglycute (take off spaces)
I would say try to take the classes. Make a friend in the class and study together. Have them look over your papers for English class. It also helps to talk to the professors if you think you are getting behind. They might offer to have you do extra projects for credit. Hang in there, once you get the ball rolling, you might be surprised how well things are going. Good luck. Also, most colleges offer free counseling which might help you deal with the stress.
check this link its good



http://datentryworksworkathomeobs.blogsp...



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan