Thursday, December 10, 2009

At work, I always act happy even though I am not. Is it OK to express dissatisfaction? How?

I think I feel like if I'm not cheerful they'll fire me. Meanwhile, I'm stressed, overwhelmed, internally, and feel isolated because there's no one I can vent constructively to. Even if I am able to express my problems to some, they don't have any power over the situation and aren't in a position to help me. In fact that only people kind of talk to are the ones lowest in the structure. The downside of everyone thinking you're ok is that they think they can treat you worse, give you more work, tighter and tighter deadlines, etc, and take away more perks, it's like, she's happy, let's see if we can get away with this... still happy, ok, let's do this... but the times I have looked how I felt, haven't worked out. one time I eventually quit, and the other, I was let go. HOW TO ENSURE TRUE HAPPINESS AT WORK? This false happiness, pretend happiness, is really wearing me out :(



At work, I always act happy even though I am not. Is it OK to express dissatisfaction? How?opera cd



Want happiness at work? Work for yourself. I don't care to be beholden to anyone. I haven't met anyone with good enough manners to spend an entire day with. Find a job with less stress. You must be underqualified for your position. Let your supervisor know that you would be interested in a lower position. Of course, I suppose it might get you fired-or not. Or, you could just learn to communicate effectively with your manager about helping you to be more efficient. He/she might appreciate it unless he is a real jerk and uses it against you. You can't work for someone and not be able to share the difficulties. You are all part of a team that makes the company money to pay you all. Every one of you is important and seeing to it that you are comfortable at work is a very important part of a managers job. Put on your protective cape and go talk to the right person. Do not be emotional. Smile and relax. This is another human being. To keep people on my level, I think of what they must look like naked (old public speaking trick)



At work, I always act happy even though I am not. Is it OK to express dissatisfaction? How?opera singer opera theater



You really shouldn't be working at a job that makes you so miserable. My stepdad is about to retire after working his entire life in a profession he loathed. His blood pressure is extremely high and he had a temporary bout of stress-induced amnesia last year.



The best key to happiness is work somewhere you'll be at least moderately happy.



In the meantime, approach your grievances in a calm, rational manner - list them in order of importance to you. Attempt to find resolutions yourself. If you cannot, attempt to list possible solutions that your supervisor can assist you with. Then, when you've calmly, rationally listed your grievances, approach your supervisor about them. If s/he is a decent manager, they'll at least appreciate that you took the time to define your problems and work out possible solutions. And they'll appreciate that you're attempting to make your own work situation more tolerable. If your manager isn't open to suggestions and consulting with you over grievances, it's definitely time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan