Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm excited about the "Letters from Iwo Jima" movie, what do you think?

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Lette...



Never been to the theater before for a war movie until "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters..." will be the first subtitled movie I ever watched (theater or home). I like what clint did here, telling both sides and how everybody loses in war.



I'm excited about the "Letters from Iwo Jima" movie, what do you think?opera music



I'm a huge fan of Clint's and I can't wait to see this movie either. I loved what he did on "Flags of our Fathers". The idea of telling the story on both sides is great and I think the fact "Letters from Iwo Jima" was shot in Japanese will bring another dimension to the movie (as it is an American production it won't be like watching a Japanese movie), and it will sound even more realistic.



You said you've never been to the theatre for a war movie before, but I think "Flags..." and I guess "Letters..." are more movies about the war than war movies.



If you're interested, there is an old movie which already showed both sides of the conflict between Japan and America. It's "Tora! Tora! Tora!", but it deals with Peal Harbor and not Iwo Jima (if my memory is correct).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan