Thursday, December 10, 2009

What do you think will happen for a minor getting arrested for possession of cocaine?

I got arrested about 5 months ago and just got my court papers. I got arrested with about a gram of cocaine. Since I got arrested my parents put me in a outpatient rehab facility, and then have been going to SAFIR once a week ((supporting adolecents in recovery)). I used to have a trauency problem but since then have been switched into independent study and have been getting good grades and attendence and am already working on my next years credits. I also work 2 jobs and do a bit of acting classes and auditions here and there. I'm totally freaking out because I have court in like 2 weeks and the public defender said that the max i can get is 3 years in juvey but I want opinions on what you think will happen? It is a felony and I guess in California they can be a bit harder on cocaine users. No preachers please, I'm stressed and scared enough as it is. I know what I did is wrong and am also writing an essay to the judge to bring.



What do you think will happen for a minor getting arrested for possession of cocaine?pacific theater



Your public pretender most likely hates dealing with juvenile cases... I know I do. They are a hassle.



In any event, since you are a first time offender, thanks to Proposition 36 you will be offered a "diversion program" wherein you will need to take/attend drug counseling courses - accept the offer, take the classes, they will really open your eyes to drug use and the effects of drugs.



You will probably also get some form of community service.



Kudos to you for writing an essay to the judge. Make sure it is proof read by several people to ensure you are conveying the correct message. Since you are also working, and have not been in any trouble since this incident, the classes and community service will most likely be the end of it. Depending on what county you live in, you may get probation though. Be prepared for it, and be prepared to stay out of trouble. If you get arrested for anything drug related again, the judge will not be lenient at all.



What do you think will happen for a minor getting arrested for possession of cocaine?phantom of the opera opera theater



most likely a year with 2 probation
It sounds like you're doing excellent! If you don't have any other offenses, probably just probation. Keep up the good work!
if you are a first time drug offender (meaning if this is the first time you have been arrested and had it in you possession)



you will probably get probation, im not sure about California, but you are most likely to receive probation because, you have been doing good things and are staying out of trouble
I guess it just depends on the judge. The fact that you're doing so much to better yourself before you go to court is a bonus. Just be honest with the judge and pray that you get someone who is understanding.



I'm sorry, I don't know the laws in CA so I don't have any idea about what they will sentence you to.



Remember, everyone makes mistakes, that's what makes us human. What you learn from it is what determines the kind of person you are. Good Luck!!
I'm scared for you. I did coke for 7 years and it ruined my life and nearly killed me. If this is your first offense and you weren't trying to sell it to anyone you will probably get a slap on the wrist as long as you are still in school and doing your part to be a good kid. I'm not preaching but I can say this with confidence because I was freebasing when I was 12 years old: do WHATEVER you have to do to get away from that crowd and that lifestyle. Your future depends on it.
It sounds like you'll be alright, no matter what your sentence. Most drug users on here are fools, but I think you have a chance. Stay in school, don't do drugs.



I haven't a clue what sentence might be handed down. If your essay is lucid, I like to think the system will be fair and give you a chance to make better decisions without slamming you right off the bat. It's scary that minors are looking for cocaine... what happened to trying to get booze?
court ordered rehab
The juvenile courts and juvenile probation departments actually allow someone in your exact situation to participate in a diversion program. The attitude of the CA juvenile justice system is to help you fix yourself rather than lock you up and throw away they key. The least that the juvenile court wants to do is take your freedom for your drug problem, especially if you are a non-violent offender. Put a binder together of all your accomplishments (SAFIR/REHAB, report cards, paystubs, attendance records) and take it to the judge. As long as you show the judge that you are willing to put in the effort to fix yourself, the judge will be more inclined to allow you your freedom to continue your progress.
You need to tell the judge what you told us. You know what you did was wrong and let the judge know how well you are doing at this point. Some judges have a heart, take that chance, you might get one with a heart. They are human like us, just remember that when you go to court. Good luck and keep up the good work

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan